At GRMI we will endeavor to develop a talented pool of professionals trained on a world class Risk Management curriculum, thus creating an ecosystem enabling all large corporates to hire trained risk managers. We aspirationally aim to place our students across the globe and in leading Risk Consulting firms and large Corporates in India to make GRMI an international and national talent-sourcing hub for budding risk managers. In terms of concrete actions to honor our commitment to securing placements for all students of GRMI, apart from working closely with our Knowledge and Industry Partners (who in our view would secure a large number of students graduating at least in the initial years), we will also do the following:
- Leverage our connects with consulting and risk consulting organizations (IBM, Accenture EY, KPMG, PwC, Deloitte, Protiviti, RSM International, Grant Thornton, etc.) and other large corporate organizations
- Leveraging our global client connects with Fortune companies to channelize placements though GRMI
- Establish partnership with leading India and Global HR associations, such as Society of Human Resources Management (‘SHRM’) and National Human Resources Department (‘NHRD’) to significantly enhance awareness, visibility and acknowledgement of GRMI as a significant talent source f, or members of these associations;
- Engage corporate houses through knowledge sharing sessions, industry speakers, sponsors etc., to create increased visibility and repute amongst corporate
- Contract with global hiring firms to source risk management talent from India
- Explore opportunities for students with somewhat diversified career interests in wider organisational roles such as–
- Industry opportunities: Services, Manufacturing, Insurance, Banking, Retail, Healthcare
- Corporate governance function of an organization
- Controllership/ Audit department of any organisation
- Finance function
While as an educational institute we would not like to be viewed as believers that education or knowledge gathering and dissemination have a monetary equation attached to it, we do wish to state a few facts that will help students and parents determine the fairness of the programme fee structure.
Our discussions with leading risk consulting firms suggest that PGCRM in its initial years will compete with newly qualified CAs and two year MBA programme graduates. Over the next few years we expect absolute and complete parity and aspire to even start having our students attract a premium.
What is even more relevant is that all our discussions with risk-consulting and corporate leaders have indicated that deep domain and all-round development that will be delivered at GRMI through the PGCRM programme is almost certainly going to mean faster career tracks for PGCRM students, as compared to their peers who join with more generic qualifications. This will hold true for all professionals pursuing a career in the domain of risk, compliance, controllership and internal audits.
Corporate houses, unlike risk consulting firms, do not have the internal machinery in place to provide best-in-class career enhancement training programmes to its employees in the risk domain, and hence they have historically stayed away from hiring less experienced professionals. With a PGCRM qualification, corporates will now get an opportunity to induct very relevant and uniquely trained PGCRM students in their organizations at a much earlier stage, which will also allow for better career progression for the students.
Lastly, there is no recognized programme specialising in risk domain in India that delivers a one year programme, and hence it will allow GRMI students to get employed a year earlier than their two-year counterparts and use that head-start to stay ahead of their peer group in the longer run as well.