Mr. Deepak Premnarayen
Mr. Deepak Premnarayen is the Executive Chairman and founder of ICS Group, an asset management, financial services, real estate and hospitality conglomerate headquartered in Mumbai and involved in executing projects across India and Africa.
Current external Directorships:
• Tata International Ltd.
• Tata Africa Holdings (SA) Proprietary Ltd.
• Noida Toll Bridge Co. Ltd. (listed in India & AIMS in UK)
• Nicco Parks & Resorts Ltd (listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange)
• Skylotech India Pvt. Ltd.
Current Committee Chair/Member:
• Chairman, Tata International Audit and Risk Committees
• Chairman, Tata Africa Holdings Audit and Risk Committees
• Member, Tata International Corporate Social Responsibility Committee (CSR)
• Member, Tata International Nomination and Remuneration Committee
• Member, Tata International Committee of Independent Directors
• Member, Audit Committee, Noida Toll Bridge Co. Ltd.
• Member, Committee of Independent Directors, Noida Toll Bridge Co. Ltd.
Current Associations & Forums:
• Chairman of the United Nations’ Women Business Sector Advisory Council (BSAC) for India which focusses on best practices in Women Empowerment Principles (WEP) and Gender Equality
• Chairman of CII’s Financial Distribution Committee.
• Member of CII’s National Council and Committees for Banking, Public Policy, Financial Inclusion and Services and Task Force on Employment Generation.
• He has led CII’s business delegations to Norway, Libya and Sweden in 2014 and to South Africa in 2015.
• Convenor of the India-South Africa CEOs Forum.
• Committee member of All India Management Association (AIMA).
Former positions held:
• President of IMC Chamber of Commerce and Industry (2016-17)
• Board member of FirstRand Bank (FRB)
• Member of FRB Directors’ Affairs and Governance Committee
• Chairman of FirstRand Bank (FRB) India Advisory Board and continues to be actively associated with the FRB Group.
• Director at Triangle Real Estate India Fund LLC, a FDI compliant fund for India raised in conjunction with Old Mutual Property in South Africa (listed on the Mauritius Stock Exchange)
• Miraclefeet, an NGO based out of New York, USA. Miraclefeet is working towards eradicating disability as a result of children being born with clubfoot. The organisation works across 27 countries in the developing world and is supported by Google, Bajaj Foundation and the Oak Foundation amongst others. Mr. Premnarayen is the founder and Chairman of MiracleFeet India.
• The Premnarayen Education Trust was created to help underprivileged children have easy access to education.
In June 2014, Mr. Premnarayen was conferred the ‘Indian Business Leader of the Year’ award by ‘Horasis Global India Business Meet’ at Liverpool, UK.
A keen golfer, Mr. Premnarayen is also an avid sportsman and a yoga enthusiast.